homestead - Re: [Homestead] hives-type reaction

  • From: Akka Homestead <akkabhomestead AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] hives-type reaction
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 16:31:53 -0700 (PDT)

I've garnered a large men's dress shirt and a nice lightweight chambry shirt
for gardening, and you know, we can't be the only ones affected because if
you have any gardening type books at all, open it up, look at the
gardeners...long sleeves almost every time. Since you, too, are also
allergic to stings apparently, remember to wear light colors, not
dark...light colored jeans or khakis...light colored shirts..never wear
black, brown, or navy blue. One of the things I learned a while back is that
bees see those colors very well and associate them with hostility (think
bears and honey and hives of a different kind).
For my two cents, I don't think it has anything to do with age-I think it has
to do with sensitive skin.