homestead - Re: [Homestead] Everything I want to do is illegal by Joel Stalatin

  • From: Lynn Wigglesworth <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Everything I want to do is illegal by Joel Stalatin
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 10:00:57 -0400

Thanks for the link, Don. I've also hit most of the obstacles that
Salatin has hit. I sell my (USDA butchered) pasture-raised beef in my
farm stand. I called every state and federal agency I could think of to
find out what I would have to do to sell it legally. No one could tell
me, and kept referring me back to the agency that sent me to THAT
agency. I finally gave up and just did it. I've been doing it for 4
years, and still don't know if it's legal, but my customers sure like my
beef. Don't ask, don't tell is my new motto.

Lynn Wigglesworth