homestead - Re: [Homestead] help, lamb smart people

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] help, lamb smart people
  • Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 23:01:03 -0800

You get about 50% or less on sheep. Are you sure they're only 100 pounds? What breed are they? Youngest's February lambs weigh about 140-150 pounds. I can give you the exact weights on Wednesday but 100 pounds sounds light. These two weighted in at 102 and 108 pounds May 19th at 4 months. The wether

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: <paxamicus AT earthlink.net>

I am sending two of my lambs to a USDA butcher so that they can be
donated to D.C Central Kitchen.

I've never sent any of my lambs off and I've never weighed the ones I
had at home.

Can you tell me how two 100 lb castrated rams might dress out?