homestead - Re: [Homestead] Water treatment systems

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Water treatment systems
  • Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 07:10:50 -0700 (PDT)

Don, I'm pretty ignorant of this subject but I have copied and pasted
information from this science site that seems to say that UV may not be the
total answer???bobford

Ultraviolet

Advantages Disadvantages
Does not require storage and transportation of chemicals
Does not form byproducts No residual effect

Not efficient against cysts (Guardia, Cryptosporidium)
Requires considerable expenses for the equipment and technical maintenance
Requires considerable operational (power) expenses
Disinfection activity depends on the water turbidity, its hardness (sediments
on the bulb surface), precipitation of organic impurities on the bulb
surface, and deviations in the power supply, which effect the wavelength
variation

Back to the top

Anolyte - eGOgerm

Advantages Disadvantages
Strong disinfectant and oxidation agent. Very effective against all kinds of
bacteria and viruses , highly effective as sporicidal agent
Effectively eliminates bad tastes and odors
Removes biofilms
Significantly less formation of chlorine compounds, halogens and TMT. No
toxic by products: chlorites (ClO2) and chlorates (ClO3)
No acute or chronic toxicity when diluted in water
Low cost. No transport or storage problem. Easy and safe storage and handling
Ventilation might be required in the installation room to remove fumes

Back to the top