homestead - [Homestead] making a living off their land

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] making a living off their land
  • Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2008 20:21:09 -0700

I was passing thru Eureka and picked up a newspaper ( http://www.times-standard.com/) and one article was about the folks who are making a living off their ranch. Grass feed beef, lumber and what not. Here is the web site.
http://www.theranchonsalmoncreek.blogspot.com/

I couldn't find the article on line "Self-sustaining Chapman ranch in Salmon Creek produces grass-fed beef". The article says they have 3200 acres they got in 1970.

The article was good but that doesn't help you much, maybe blogspot will pass on some ideas.

Rob
becida AT comcast.net