homestead - Re: [Homestead] Eating/Killing

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Eating/Killing
  • Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 09:36:26 -0500

On Aug 7, 2008, at 9:14 AM, paxamicus AT earthlink.net wrote:

That said, I had red meat recently for the first time in 4 years. I
felt like crud for two days. Just horrible. Stodgy and stuffed and
bloated and sleepy. It was horrible. I am glad I caved to my craving
because I for sure won't be needing to do that again any time soon.

As I think I mentioned, my body has talked to me rather harshly after recent meals at friends' houses. I am not positive, but meat appears to be the unwanted substance. Apparently the gut adjusts to conditioning from variables of ingestion.

More reason to make diet changes slowly.

A plus for me is this is a reason for avoiding restaurants. Chris, who waitressed a lot when younger, loves to be waited upon. So the yin- yang of eating out or in swings as a pendulum. As with my only previously known allergy, shellfish, I may be able to use this meat aversion as logic for avoiding kitchens where unknown cross contamination occurs.