homestead - Re: [Homestead] Calaloo

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Calaloo
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 16:52:36 -0400

No, haven't kept the seeds, but it wouldn't be difficult to do that as they are large. When I first planted it, I never thought it would come back. That year, it was next to the beans and it climbed the bean pole. The second year, it just crawled over the bed, then over the plastic pipe hoop, and last year, I discovered it would climb a tomato cage, so that's what it is climbing this year. It dies back to the ground at the first freeze. Basically, it's easy, it's pretty, and you can eat it. What more can you ask for?

Bev