homestead - Re: [Homestead] Satellite Internet

  • From: Roy Morgan <k1lky AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Satellite Internet
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 01:05:19 -0400

On Jul 10, 2008, at 12:46 AM, WF Smith wrote:

I got redirected to the same site. Maybe hughesnet doesn't want me knowing
my speed.

Hmm... I dunno.

OH!
Try speedtest.NET dot NET with the www
http://www.speedtest.net/

This is the one I used earlier.. a map will show up.. you choose a little pyramid (connection point). We connect via a satellite so our "closest point" is somewhere in the midwest, NOT near our house.
Just click the pyramid and wait for it to do it's thing.

http://speedtest.com/
works for me.

The link on this page get to this monster:

http://speedtest.com/redirect.php?b=mC4UA2QTqZE%3D&term=Speed+Test&nterms=U3BlZWQgVGVzdA%3D%3D&position=1&odomain=speedtest.com&source=1&market=us&currency=USD&to=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%3D%3D

Or a any of these links I got via google:

Web Results 1 - 10 of about 3,300,000 for internet speed test. (0.23 seconds)

Free Internet Speed Test
Double Your PC & Internet Speed?
Free Instant Test to Find Out!
www.PCPitstop.com

Free Internet Speed Test
Any bandwidth connection speed test
Check your ISP performance free
FreeSpeedTest.com
Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test
Test your Internet connection bandwidth to locations around the world with this interactive broadband speed test.
www.speedtest.net/ - 10k - Cached - Similar pages
My Results
Stats
Mini
My Summary

Link
The Global Broadband Speed Test
About
Contact Us
More results from speedtest.net »
Speakeasy - Speed Test
Speakeasy — Speed Test. Test your internet connection speed! By measuring the download and upload rate from the following locations you are able to ...
www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/ - 18k - Cached - Similar pages
Bandwidth Place Speed Test
Test your Internet connection. ... Bandwidth Place Speed Test. We are working on bringing back all the subscription features including the hosted test as ...
www.bandwidthplace.com/ - 5k - Cached - Similar pages
Internet Speed Test - Test Your Internet Speed and Connection ...
Ever wondered how really fast your connection to the Internet/Web was? Now's your chance - take an Internet speed test.
websearch.about.com/od/dailywebsearchtips/qt/dnt0622.htm - 21k - Cached - Similar pages
Internet Speed Test - Broadband, DSL Bandwidth Connection Check
Internet Speed Test designed to test the real bandwidth of your internet connection.
www.auditmypc.com/internet-speed-test.asp - 41k - Cached - Similar pages
CNET Bandwidth Meter Speed Test - Bandwidth Test
The CNET Bandwidth Meter speed test will check the bandwidth of your Internet connection against top DSL, cable modem, and other broadband services. ...
reviews.cnet.com/7004-7254_7-0.html - 40k - Cached - Similar pages
Speed Test - dslreports.com
Broadband news, information and community, Speed Test.
www.dslreports.com/stest - Similar pages
MySpeed - Speed Test
Get accurate Internet speed test results with the MySpeed bandwidth test, test your DSL speed, cable speed, or other broadband connection speed.
myspeed.visualware.com/ - 7k - Cached - Similar pages
Internet Performance and Speed Test
Test the speed of your Internet connection, speed test results for upload and download tests.
performance.toast.net/ - 19k - Cached - Similar pages
InternetFrog.com: Network Tools, Internet Speed Test and Website Tools
DNS lookup, internet speed test, virus scan, whois, trace route, blacklist, advanced ping and website tools by the InternetFrog.
www.internetfrog.com/mypc/speedtest/ - 17k - Cached - Similar pages

Roy Morgan
k1lky AT earthlink.net
Lovettsville, VA 20180