homestead - [Homestead] It's not just politics. It's people.

  • From: paxamicus AT earthlink.net
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] It's not just politics. It's people.
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 08:36:57 -0400

I have been reading the press about this torture report the Physicians for Human Rights published yesterday.

http://brokenlives.info/ Don't read it if you are squeamish.

It has gotten picked up by the mainstream press and is making some headlines.

' "After years of disclosures by government investigations, media accounts, and reports from human rights organizations, there is no longer any doubt as to whether the current administration has committed war crimes. The only question is whether those who ordered the use of torture will be held to account." —Maj. General Antonio M. Taguba (USA-Ret.), preface to Broken Laws, Broken Lives" '

This is one of the reasons why I can't vote for McCain. Another 4 years of this.

Interestingly, when I went to the Washington Post this morning to read their article....... http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/06/18/AR2008061800336.html ..... this article was topped by a banner advert for the "Hidden Treasures from the National Museum of Kabul" on display at our National Gallery of Art. Irony.

Celia