homestead - Re: [Homestead] Tick Removal

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Tick Removal
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 09:03:17 -0500

On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 8:55 AM, <paxamicus AT earthlink.net> wrote:
> I'd have tried it it, I've always heard the same thing about rubbing
> alcohol although it's never worked for me.

Hmmmm. It should work. Like detergent, alcohol should dehydrate the
little darlings. I use a cheap little plastic gizmo that I can slide
between the skin and the tick and pull gently. Neither I nor the dogs
(the cats must remove their own) have gotten sick.

Gotta get more guineas. They are hell on ticks, and right now I'm down
to one tough little hen who herds with the goats. When you see the
goats, she's right behind them.

Marie