homestead - Re: [Homestead] Cutworms

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Cutworms
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 14:58:07 -0400

On Sun, May 4, 2008 at 9:02 PM, <Clansgian AT wmconnect.com> wrote:

> Dampen some oat bran with a solution of BT and scatter it around the
> brassica
> plants, just a little is enough. The thrice cursed worms eat that in
> preference to biting the stems of the plants and it kills them deader than
> 4 o'clock.

Hey! I've got BT, wonder if it's still usable. I recall using a pump gizmo
(need to locate the darn thing in the barn) to 'spray' the dust on the
plants last time I had a garden worth tending. I like your idea but do not
have oat bran but have extra oats or flour. Suppose I could whirl some oats
in the blender or just use flour.

Lisa