homestead - Re: [Homestead] Demographics of military enlistees

  • From: DSanner106 AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Demographics of military enlistees
  • Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 22:05:34 EDT

This is true, as it has been since we industrialized our nation. Outside of
the military, these young
people STILL leave the rural areas and move to the big cities for a career.
This truly has nothing to
do with the military or war, I just wish the author had a suggestion as to
how we bring the economic
opportunities to our young people in the rural areas. The numbers he quotes
for rural military signups
from tracy stayed the same in his study, so I don't see how duress had any
effect. It is not like the city folks
quit signing up, so they started strongarming the rural kids into joining.

In a message dated 5/2/2008 8:53:28 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,