homestead - Re: [Homestead] Broccoli and potato question

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Broccoli and potato question
  • Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 18:41:44 -0500

On May 2, 2008, at 10:41 AM, Lynda wrote:

Gene, you do realise the fallicy of your logic on this?

Lynda, do you realize the insult implied in your question?

Just because the
farmers *supposedly* use 80% of the water doesn't mean that the the balance
of us shouldn't get more than 20%. Particularly when the *supposed* farmers
WASTE water and some get the water and don't farm and use the water as
income!

That is not to forgive or make the waste of water by anyone acceptable.

However, it isn't *just* the urban areas that are up in arms. There are a
whole bunch of folks who are sick and tired of the absolute assinine waste
of water in all its forms INCLUDING ag and the subsidies that create a real
problem for the folks the water is being STOLEN from!

The Klamath is trashed, the Eel is trashed, the damns are down to zip and
all so some corporate fat cats can get their water next to free OR that they
can sell. Plus, I find it highly offensive to have foreign corporations own
our water and damns!

BTW, we *had* adaquate, and in fact, above normal snow pack in most places.
We've had a couple of abnormally dry and warm months.

Lynda