homestead - Re: [Homestead] Tomatoes, for the seriously space challenged

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Tomatoes, for the seriously space challenged
  • Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 10:32:34 -0400

On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 10:24 AM, Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com> wrote:

> growing tomatoes upside down in a container. In her version,
> someone was using a five-gallon bucket. Here, the offering is a
> commercial container.

My Aunt gave my elderly, arthritic Grandmother a similar unit last year.
This version from Gardener's Supply is nicer looking. My Grandmother's
contraption is a glorified white plastic table or stand taller than waist
high that held a pot with tomatoes growing out from it underneath.

It worked, she is no longer able to move much and this enabled her to still
grow tomatoes.

Lisa