homestead - Re: [Homestead] Buckwheat

  • From: "roxann" <roxann AT ancientearthwisdom.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Buckwheat
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 19:18:10 +0000

I have buckwheat seeds, waiting for the rain to quit long enough to till and
sow :) i thought i might also try it between my rows. i know it will look
weedy, but perhaps i can just keep in mind that it is the chosen weeds and
not be tempted to cut it down right away. i thought i might let it attract
pollinators to the garden, and i have a friend who's garden grows up in real
weeds every year and he gets the best tomatoes out of it still. i suspect
maybe the bugs can't find them because they're so well hidden in the weeds,
lol.

Roxann, NW AR
http://blog.ancientearthwisdom.com
http://arseedswap.blogspot.com