homestead - Re: [Homestead] project ranger

  • From: keith bellinger <bartermn AT epix.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] project ranger
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 08:45:27 -0400

Gene GeRue wrote:

Dang, Keith, and here I thought you were a wood butcher. That truck is a fine piece of work, um, I think. Does it go down the road straight forward?

Don't let those photos fool you Gene, I am a wood butcher. But you'd be surprised what a hammer, sawsall and palm sander can do. I don't really know if it will go down the road straight but it can haul a half-ton of compost up from the barnyard without squatting. It's first actual road trip will be Monday to the garage for a sticker.

Hey, come on by for some of the cherry pie, pizza and beer and play with this 1978 4WD Ford backed up against a tree to keep it in place. Don has about given up on it. If you can make it able to once again climb steep hills with a single roar I will feed you until you cry "Uncle!"

Haha. You couldn't feed me enough to make me work on another truck. Donnie, Donnie, he's your man ... Besides, I'm still trying to rid my belly of Holiday feasts from last year. I tell you, no gym can take off pounds like forking a garden.