homestead - Re: [Homestead] Homestead Digest, Vol 45, Issue 86

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost AT riseup.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Homestead Digest, Vol 45, Issue 86
  • Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 09:36:58 -0600

A little common sense economics can clear up misconceptions. That $3
trillion is $3 trillion we didn't have. It's largely being borrowed from
other countries including China. Pouring $3 trillion into our economy fuels
inflation and we're only starting to see the murderous effects on our own
people now, the elderly on medicare, anyone on a fixed income, students,
you name it. That same inflation is driving the cost of oil, gasoline,
diesel, food, and other necessities. Plus the part of it we can't borrow
has to come out of other federal programs, including education and other
programs, or they have to print more money which they're doing by bailing
out the big banks right now, and that further fuels inflation. It's hurting
us now with recession and that's going to turn into depression eventually.
It's doubling the national debt, and no we don't owe it to ourselves. It's
the same as if you spent a huge sum of money you don't have. You go broke.
It's madness and karma's a bitch.

paul tradingpost AT lobo.net