homestead - [Homestead] Astronomically Peaking Oil

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: Homestead List <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Astronomically Peaking Oil
  • Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 18:58:49 -0400

Peak Oil?

http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/planetearth/asteroid_oil_991213.html

From the above link:

It may turn out that there is too much oil for our own good. A massive
increase in known oil reserves could lower oil prices and drastically
devalue existing reserves.
A longer-term problem is that an unchecked increase in oil consumption
could place untenable strain on the global environment. Already human
activities in our oil-dependent society have led to alarming species
extinction rates. An oil glut could accelerate this problem.
It would be ironic if the Chicxulub impact event turned out to be a time
bomb that was not only associated with the extinction of the dinosaurs
and other species at the end of the Cretaceous Period, but also with
another mass extinction resulting from human activities some 65 million
years later.

34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky