homestead - Re: [Homestead] Spain's Defense Minister

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Spain's Defense Minister
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 21:06:10 -0500

On Apr 17, 2008, at 8:56 PM, paxamicus AT earthlink.net wrote:

One of the things I found out about Spain recently is that there is a
gender quota in the government. Each party must nominate an equal
number of men and women to office. I am ambivalent about the idea.

Today I received a letter from my mother. After her gardening report she makes fearful remarks about the economy. She then laments how "the Democrats are really fighting." And she makes the declaration: "It's a man's job."

Not a bit ambivalent, that one.