homestead - Re: [Homestead] Ethanol and Corn

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Ethanol and Corn
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 08:46:19 EDT

> Here in the center of Illinois it would be incredibly easy to have a
> feedlot attached to the ADM plant. I'm betting they already have such.

I bet they don't. I isn't any longer in the agribusiness mentality to think
that way. The hog raising areas in NC and the chicken raising areas in
Arkansas create mountians of nitrogen rich waste that would make the
surrounding
areas a composted heaven for vegetable crops. But instead it is a pollution
problem.

With subsidies footing much of the bill, the ethanol produces don't care a
whit to allow the mash to accumulate and become a similar problem. </HTML>