homestead - Re: [Homestead] Hops into action

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Hops into action
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 08:12:02 -0800

I learned to cook Italian from Noni (the ex's grandmother) who was from Tuscany and from Mama Fredianni, who was from Piedmont.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 9:40 PM, Lynda <lurine AT softcom.net> wrote:
No, no, no, you can't use butter <g> I can hear Noni and DH's grandmother
(from Naples) turning over in their graves as I type! EVOO is the only oil
to touch a sauce! And no garlic????? That is a crime against nature!

Marcella Hazan is from northern Italy, and as she points out, they
have really good food there too. But it's not the southern Italian
we're all used to in this country.

Marie