homestead - Re: [Homestead] spring cleansing

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] spring cleansing
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 11:55:53 -0800

I've never heard of a "smoke" sauna. Sweat house/lodge, yes but they don't use smoke. You use a smudge first which is somewhat smokey but they aren't filled with smoke.

Would that perhaps be something Scandenavians use/do?

Lynda, Wiyot
----- Original Message ----- From: "keith bellinger" <bartermn AT epix.net>

Bev, I have a Native American friend who built a quick teepee in his
back yard using aluminum conduit and tarps. He has a smoke pit inside
but I don't know if he uses it the same as you might a sauna. Then again
I don't know exactly what a traditional smoke sauna is.