homestead - Re: [Homestead] Your favourite books for canning and preserving

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Your favourite books for canning and preserving
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 19:00:10 -0400

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 4:12 PM, <paxamicus AT earthlink.net> wrote:

> I will confess I have never canned or preserved anything.

Finally! I've done something 'homesteady' that you haven't!

Until Hallmark comes out with a "I'm sorry I gave you botulism" card, it's
> probably for the best I don't.

Made me giggle.

which books/resources/sites would you all recommend?

You can't beat Ball. Not real extensive on recipes, but enough and solid
info.
I am so excited to can this year I can hardly stand it, which means I
haven't done it in a while. ;)

Lisa
...who just came in from pruning more fruit trees...better late than
never.........