homestead - Re: [Homestead] Year of the YouTube Campaign Video

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Year of the YouTube Campaign Video
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 07:29:17 -0700

On Mar 25, 2008, at 7:09 AM, paxamicus AT earthlink.net wrote:

We're currently in a very peculiar YouTube
moment in the Democratic nomination contest."

Given the discussion we are having about Obama, and the main stream
media being bought and paid for, it might be interesting to somebody.

It is all interesting. How to sort it all out? How to retain one's balance when buffeted by virtually unlimited distractions amongst the minimal offerings of background, experience, accomplishments? I could easily list ten items that are more important than the trivial, voyeuristic, inflammatory, nit-picking, mean-spirited, sensational, nonsensical distractions we are being buried in by television, newspapers, radio and our new media phenomenon, the bloggers.

For all of us, it is easiest to simply criticize. It takes character to become engaged constructively. We all have values. If we believe they have worth to others then they are worth fighting for and we might consider showing how we think they can be implemented.

Or we can continue to be strung along like guppies following the hook.