homestead - [Homestead] Year of the YouTube Campaign Video

  • From: paxamicus AT earthlink.net
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Year of the YouTube Campaign Video
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 10:09:49 -0400

Hey, I'm sorry to spam Kos again...but the front page blog right now is "The Year of the YouTube Campaign Video". Given our brief exchange about You Tube and it's blech factor, I offer this as an alternative take. Maybe see what you think? http://www.dailykos.com/

"Many pundits and media commentators made a fuss in 2006, calling that election the YouTube election. For years anyone with a video camera could capture pols in embarrassing moments, but if the video was never shared with others, or if the gatekeepers in television news didn't deem it "newsworthy," few would see it. YouTube eliminated the monopoly of the gatekeepers, and both campaigns and those who wanted to take down a candidate seized the opportunities to disseminate video. The archetypal example of the changes wrought by YouTube is the defeat of Virginia Senator George Allen due in part to his now- infamous Macaca moment. We're currently in a very peculiar YouTube moment in the Democratic nomination contest."

Given the discussion we are having about Obama, and the main stream media being bought and paid for, it might be interesting to somebody.

Celia