homestead - [Homestead] Strive for friends and solutions

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: Homestead <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Strive for friends and solutions
  • Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 08:36:05 -0700

Many of us resist being drawn into dead-end political discussions, experience a moment of weakness or remorse, and away we go again. Political angst is endless and conditions easily judged hopeless. But how can we hope for improvement if we do not engage? How will we improve if we cannot rise above mere criticism and fight for our solutions?

I find this worth thinking about from time to time:

I Am A Beautiful Old Person
by Eleanor Roosevelt
Many people will walk in and out of your life,
But only true friends will leave
footprints in your heart.
To handle yourself, use your head;
To handle others, use your heart.
Anger is only one letter short of danger.
If someone betrays you once, it is their fault;
If they betray you twice, it is your fault.
Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people.
He who loses money, loses much;
He who loses a friend, loses much more;
He who loses faith, loses all
Beautiful young people are accidents of nature,
But beautiful old people are works of art.
Learn from the mistakes of others.
You can't live long enough to make them all yourself.
Friends, you and me....
You brought another friend....
And then there were 3....
We started our group....