homestead - [Homestead] Obama Time Out

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: Homestead List <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Obama Time Out
  • Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 23:00:53 -0400

You guys have really done a number on my head in the last 24 hours. All
I have thought about is politics and Barak Obama.
I just spent the last 15 minutes reading reviews of his books. Gene's
touting of the latest one had my curiosity peaked. Shoot, I have to
admit that I did not even know he had written one book, let alone two,
with a contract for another, and I had forgotten that he was the one who
spoke at the last Democratic Convention, although now I vaguely remember
hearing that speech and being somewhat impressed with the man. So, in
the vein of Gene's question about changing one's mind and opinion, I
will say that I will look a bit deeper into Mr. Obama. Perhaps I have
overlooked more than a couple of books. A lot of folks on this list
obviously see something that I haven't seen, so I'll look again.
I also want to take this op to ask our international list members to
speak up and give us your opinions on our political parties and who you
would like to see as the next President and why. One of the reasons I
value Moon's opinion so much is that she has lived other places besides
here and very often brings a totally different point of view to an
issue. I wish more folks who live elsewhere would weigh in on this. I
recall that we had folks in Africa, Australia, Serbia, and Ireland among
other places...Keith from Journey to Forever, are you still around?

Bev, feeling pretty stupid right now...reminding self that this is why I
don't normally enter political threads... :)

34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky