homestead - Re: [Homestead] authentic enough for a James? - was Who knows? Only time.

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] authentic enough for a James? - was Who knows? Only time.
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 17:48:18 EDT

> I saw the movie "Ride With The Devil", (1860-65, Missouri - Kansas
> guerilla war) and really wondered about the speech patterns, not the
> accents but how they put their sentences together.
> Anyway if you saw the movie (it's out on DVD) and had an opinion on
> the way they talked I'd be interested in hearing about it.

Here's the transcript:

http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/r/ride-with-the-devil-script.html

I didn't read every word but I didn't find anything out of the ordinary about
the sentences. Any examples you could cite?

James </HTML>

  • Re: [Homestead] authentic enough for a James? - was Who knows? Only time., Clansgian, 03/10/2008