homestead - [Homestead] Orienting blueberries

  • From: "Karen L. Black" <karen AT plamondon.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Orienting blueberries
  • Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 18:24:30 -0800

I was reminded of Bev's question about orienting blueberry rows while
working at the Corvallis Indoor Farmer's Market
(http://www.gatheringtogetherfarm.com/wintermarket.html) yesterday, so I
asked the blueberry vendor who has a big u-pick place south of Corvallis.
She said it doesn't really matter; the blueberries will predominate on the
south side of the bush either way. So I suppose if you want to space them
closely, run the rows east-west so you won't have to reach in between. I'm
going to run my north-south row with 4-6' spacing.

  • [Homestead] Orienting blueberries, Karen L. Black, 02/24/2008