homestead - Re: [Homestead] Teamsters endorse Obama

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Teamsters endorse Obama
  • Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 19:58:21 -0500

Thanks Sandy and Drew..
As you can see, I don't know my Wild West lore and history, but even
after reading a bit, there just seems to be more venom in the reference
to Hillary than in the history of Ike and Billy...I mean, IMO, calling
her Clanton almost gives her a legendary status, and I think the use was
intended to be more derogatory than legendary. But, in the same vein,
instead of the Clantons and the Earps, it could reference RFK v. Hoffa,
or Ness v. Capone..etc. I guess with time, the bad guys seem more
legendary and less evil...hmmmm
Hillary Hoffa.. :)
I think I get it now..thanks everyone!

Bev

DSanner106 AT aol.com wrote:
My assumption is that he is referring to the Clanton gang, Ike and
Billy who fought against Wyatt Earp and Doc Holliday et al in the
gunfight at the OK corral.

Drew