homestead - Re: [Homestead] Post now or forever hold your peace..Insta-poll

  • From: "steve jones" <stevendella AT finnsheep.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Post now or forever hold your peace..Insta-poll
  • Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 09:12:24 +1100

Hi Bill,

I have been trying to contact you re details about your 'well pump breakthrough'. I've tried several times to send you an email without success. I have now joined this homestead thing to see if I have better success. The info you posted on the net is not quite detailed enough for me to build one. I am trying to install a small irrigation system here in Morwell Victoria Australia. I am hand drilling a number of 25 metre x 100 mm (80 ft x 4 in) wells in a fine sandy aquifer. There is plenty of water but it doesn't flow very quickly so linking several with compresed air pumps to produce a reasonable flow of water would be a good idea. Unfortunately the commercially available pumps are at least $1000 each and this makes for financial problems. If I could build them for $100 each as you suggest I would be very grateful. My email address is stevendella AT finnsheep.com I hope you are able to help.

Cheers,

Steve & Della Jones.