homestead - Re: [Homestead] Bats

  • From: "Gloria Morris" <gloriamorris59 AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Bats
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 07:01:25 -0600

Bats are as beneficial as they ever were. Bats are also, and always have
been, potential reservoirs for diseases which humans can acquire. But if we
were to get rid of all reservoir animals, we'd have to get rid of all the
skunks, raccoons, deer, ticks ...

Keep your bat houses. Just don't play in the guano under them.

Gloria