homestead - Re: [Homestead] My real estate bias

  • From: Don Bowen KI6DIU <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] My real estate bias
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 11:35:08 -0800

At 1/25/2008, you wrote:
Choose your expert. I
see this debate similar to the global warming question. One can easily
find "experts" on all sides of the issue.

Like Global Warming, there are many writing from ignorance, self serving positions, attempting to confuse rather than inform. You have to search out those who are well informed and intend to inform. They are there but need a little searching out.

http://calculatedrisk.blogspot.com has a well earned reputation for being a good source on the housing debacle.

http://www.rgemonitor.com/blog/setser is by Brad Setser, a former member of the Fed board.

http://www.rgemonitor.com/blog/roubini by Nouriel Roubini is very pessimistic.

http://streetlightblog.blogspot.com/ is well done and informative.

http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/ Paul Krugman's column in the NY Times is always worth a read. Catch some of his talks on utube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdsymLhCDbE&eurl=http://calculatedrisk.blogspot.com/2008/01/new-home-sales-cliff-diving.html

http://www.kunstler.com/ You can always find doom and gloom even if it is as well written as Kunstler

Yahoo is a good source for current data
http://finance.yahoo.com/currency
http://finance.yahoo.com/marketupdate/overview?u