homestead - Re: [Homestead] Off grid living

  • From: Don Bowen KI6DIU <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Off grid living
  • Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 10:46:46 -0700

At 10/2/2007, you wrote:
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1GdRbhWReY>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1GdRbhWReY

That is very good showing warts and all of setting yourself up off the
grid. I do like the idea of a compound of small special purpose
buildings. My admiration and respect for Les Stroud just went up several
notches. I try to limit myself to as little TV as possible but his show
Survivorman has become one I will watch. My grandson really like watching
his program if only to see what bug Les will eat next.

By the way Gene, you will like this quote from segment 4. "Spending a day with your portable sawmill is a lot like playing"

Don Bowen Awl Knotted Up KI6DIU
http://www.braingarage.com