homestead - Re: [Homestead] Civil Disobedience in Myrtle Point September 22

  • From: KNat <knat AT sprintmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Civil Disobedience in Myrtle Point September 22
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 21:53:27 -0500

Bill Jones wrote:
Everyone's welcome to attend the Harvest Festival on September 22 in Myrtle Point, Oregon.

Civil disobedience? You won't believe this story. The planners wanted to have a booth where they could give away little cups of fresh squeezed apple juice, from apples we're all planning to donate. The health inspector has said that this will not be allowed, unless the apple press is steam cleaned between batches. Well, at this point we're all saying Fuck You to the government, and we're gonna be there to give away apple juice if we see fit to do so.
How about if they sign a page saying they understand it is for demonstration only and they are not to drink it and that you have no liability for misuse?