homestead - [Homestead] cisterns

  • From: VAN DELL JORDAN <vdjor AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] cisterns
  • Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 10:40:07 -0700 (PDT)

I know there has been conversation about this that I
may not have focused on because I thought that our
local water system would be acceptable, now I'm having
second thoughts about that.
I have a well, hand dug I believe, having that checked
for water quality. Local health dept says that most
local wells here have problems with agricultural
residue and drilling below contaminated soils often
winds up finding salt water. This is an area of old
coal mines and seems to have an underlying geology
unlike most of north central Mo.
If the well isn't good then I am considering a
cistern(s) I have googled and printed out a lot of
information for study but I wonder if you friends can
give me information that I might not find on line or
in books. And also what questions I need to be asking
as I research.
Van Dell