homestead - Re: [Homestead] Tree ID

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Tree ID
  • Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 12:43:08 -0400

I guess that *is* possible, too, and maybe the most likely answer. The seeds in the blues were smaller-less developed looking, so that matches..

Gene GeRue wrote:
Yes, I suppose it could be a blue persimmon. The ones I found were
dried out, and if the blues mature when the orange ones do, then that is
probably what I have.

Bev, to know what you have you will probably have to see mature fruit. Or observe the tree from spring to fall. Again, normal orange persimmons can start fruit life in a blue coloration. Many fruit trees self-thin by dropping early fruit, the dried-out results of which may well be what you see on the ground.