homestead - [Homestead] One More Computer Question

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] One More Computer Question
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 20:36:56 -0800

Back in the darkages I had a computer program called PDF. Why it was called PDF I haven't the faintest since it was subtitle Personal Card File. Why not call it PCF?

Hmmm, maybe I should explain what I want to use it for. I have an old address binder that I have converted to an author/book file. I have the authors on little slips of paper and then a list of all the books by that author that I've read. Well, it won't hold anymore and I thought my old PDF would work great. However, it is made to run in DOS (I hate Windows). So much for that.

At anyrate, I'm looking for something to do that job again. Anyone have any favorites?
Or know of any freeware that will do the job?