homestead - [Homestead] Homeschooled homestead girl, no doubt

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: Homestead <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Homeschooled homestead girl, no doubt
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 10:42:04 -0700

A stranger was seated next to a little girl on the airplane when the
stranger turned to her and said, "Let's talk. I've heard that flights go
quicker if you strike up a conversation with your fellow passenger."

The little girl, who had just opened her book, closed it slowly and said
to the stranger, "What would you like to talk about?"

Oh, I don't know," said the stranger. "How about nuclear power?"

"OK," she said. "That could be an interesting topic. But let me ask you a
question first. A horse, a cow, and a deer all eat grass, the same stuff.
Yet a deer excretes little pellets, while a cow turns out a flat patty,
and a horse produces clumps of dried grass. Why do you suppose that is?"

The stranger thinks about it and says, "Hmmm, I have no idea."

To which the little girl replies, "Do you really feel qualified to discuss
nuclear power when you don't know s--t?