homestead - [Homestead] Freecycle and Craigs list-Lyndas' Rant

  • From: "Bonnie Shaw" <Bonnie4319 AT hughes.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Freecycle and Craigs list-Lyndas' Rant
  • Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 23:05:32 -0400

I have enjoyed reading and getting to know some of you a bit before I joined
in. the post about freecycle got me moving. I belong to 5 counties in
NE Tenn. "What is this broads problem, indeed?"
If I had not posted wanted lists for areas within a hundred miles, I would
not have found my hot tub, or the 105 vintage glass block to recycle into my
new bathroom. At todays prices that would be $600.00 for new ones; but these
have a pattern that makes a sort of kaleidoscope effect. Awesome! that lady
who doesn't want you to join, does not realize that you may have things to
help others. That's the whole point!
We are homesteaders in a way. I just had to retire
from the town job to take more intensive care of my 83 yr. aunt who lives
with me. Heart, lung,dementia, Alzheimer's. We have small livestock, large
garden, greenhouse under construction, and boarding kennel and grooming
business to hopefully launch by September. That way I can stay home and make
a go of things. My
husband is not in the best of health right now, so I
try to keep plans for the future in motion so we can
be as secure as possible.
I subscribed to Mother Earth News when it started, and have my many years
worth still with me. I am so enjoying listening to this group. It brings
back
many memories. Bonnie