homestead - Re: [Homestead] bread- ? For Rob

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] bread- ? For Rob
  • Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 18:31:10 -0800

What size Kitchen Aide do you have?

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Rob" <becida AT comcast.net>

Hi Lynda,
Here is the bread I have been making every week (Sunday) for a long time now, I like it <g>.

3 cups hot tap water (there is no chlorine in our water)
2 teaspoons yeast
7 cups bread flour

mix these together enough to wet the flour and set aside covered. I usually let it set for 4 or more hours, it gets a good smell.

After it sets I knead it in the Kitchenaid machine. I do it on as low as it will do it and add1 teaspoon salt after 2 min of mixing. Then I mix it another 7 to 8 min (still on low)
(I have done this by hand too...)