homestead - Re: [Homestead] For you chocolate lovers

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] For you chocolate lovers
  • Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 11:03:21 -0400

On 4/25/07, Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net> wrote:

FDA considers redefining choloate:
http://politics.slashdot.org/politics/07/04/23/2333201.shtml

First, doesn't the FDA have anything better or more important to tackle? Mad
cow disease? E. coli outbreaks? They want to substitute vegetable oil for
cocoa butter? Sometimes I just want to say "Damn the government." There, I
said it. Don't mess with chocolate.

Second, I will continue to 'vote' with my hard-earned dollars. I will
continue to splurge on good quality dark chocolate, preferably organic. Last
fall I discovered Chocolove's dark chocolate w/ candied ginger (not
organic). If you like ginger, this bar is heaven on earth. Really. It's
pre-marked into 1" x .5" sections making it easy to break into bite-size
nibbles. Depending on my therapeutic needs, one bar can last me a couple
weeks or a couple months. There are worse habits I could have (and more
expensive). The bar costs about $2.50+/- depending on the source. I've a
friend who eats a bite of dark chocolate every night, even consumed daily
this particular bar would last at least two weeks. Mother's Day is coming up
and I'm practically guaranteed to get a couple of good chocolate bars from
my husband and sons.

Lisa

  • Re: [Homestead] For you chocolate lovers, Lisa K.V. Perry, 04/25/2007