homestead - [Homestead] Weird job interview

  • From: "Wendy" <crazygardens AT verizon.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Weird job interview
  • Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 11:04:58 -0500

I went on a job interview yesterday. I'm confused. This was the most bazaar
job interviews I have ever been on at one of the most bazaar places I have
ever been in. Here is their web site. If you have dial-up, you may have
problems loading it. It is graphics intensive with lots of flash.

http://www.inventionland.com/

I took the tour through the sliding bookcase. They claim to put out over 200
products every month. I didn't see any sign of anyone really working. I saw
a lot of young people reading email at computers and a lot of movie prop type
stuff. If they are putting out 200 products every month, I would expect to
see thousands of products in mid development. I saw not a one. The kitchen
is not even a functional kitchen. All props. I peaked inside the
electronics "robot" room and it was obvious to me that there is not a lot
going on. There was not even sufficient test equipment to do what they
claim. They have a "stocked" "parts room", but I didn't look in the drawers.
I could tell from the selection of wire, that this is a show also. I peaked
inside most of the "rooms" and didn't see anything productive going on. They
couldn't tell me what they wanted me to do, what the pay was, or what the
benefits package involved. The "Vice President of Creativity" did the
interview. I asked him how many of their inventions actually made a profit.
He said he didn't have those numbers with him. I asked him to name me one.
He mumbled and changed the subject. What the H*** is going on there????

He said to call today and let them know if I want the job. I"m going to tell
them No.

Wendy