homestead - [Homestead] corn in hills

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: Homestead List <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] corn in hills
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 23:36:47 -0400

I decided to go back to hill planting corn this year since I won't be growing too much. I'm growing golden bantam for the first time. In years past, I' had some wind damage, so my plan this year is to plant the corn about 1.5-2 inches deep in hills with honeydew melons and cucumbers. The squash will go into the raised beds like last year. It has been several years since I grew corn in hills, and I forgot how I did it. I looked on line, but it seems there are several schemes for planting in hills. How do you guys do it?

Bev
--
Bevanron of EarthNSky Farm Sleep well tonight, for somewhere in the ocean's depths, MY son is protecting YOUR freedom.

  • [Homestead] corn in hills, EarthNSky, 03/13/2007