homestead - Re: [Homestead] Planting advice

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Planting advice
  • Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 11:10:27 -0800

At 3/10/2007 10:43 AM,EarthNSky wrote:
I wish you could see this, but since you can't, I'll try to describe..

During rainy weather, when we get 3 inches or so of rain, water comes
bubbling out of the ground in that area and makes the western half of my
garden a soggy mess. Long term, the pecan should suck up some of that
water, but short term I was thinking of planting a corkscrew willow
almost directly over the spring to suck up as much as possible.

Any chance of capturing the spring water and diverting it to somewhere else?

Rob

becida AT comcast.net
Western Washington State, USA