homestead - Re: [Homestead] Age of the Grand Canyon

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Age of the Grand Canyon
  • Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 07:59:19 -0500

> Has anyone heard of this before??? Simply astounding!
> http://www.truthout.org/cgi-bin/artman/exec/view.cgi/67/24796

I couldn't find any evidence of this at the Grand Canyon website. They
discuss the age of the canyon on the website in the FAQ section:
http://www.nps.gov/grca/faqs.htm#old

It is discussed at the PEER site:
http://www.peer.org/campaigns/publiclands/faith-based/index.php Wikodedia
also has an interesting discussion of the story:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Canyon:_A_Different_View

Who knows which version to believe? Even the guy who wrote the 'Noah's
flood' book gave the official scientific version of the formation of the
Grand Canyon when he worked there, so I doubt that any of the park rangers
are spouting nonsense.

Lynn Wigglesworth
Peasant Farmer
Tioga County, PA