homestead - [Homestead] James, or someone else theologically inclined

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: Homestead List <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] James, or someone else theologically inclined
  • Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 02:13:00 -0500

I am having an intense email discussion/argument with a family member about religion...I know, I know, not a good thing ever...and I need help...
He said:
There was a monk on Mount Athos who said, if you become angry with someone wait for 6 months to speak against him. After 6 months, if you can remember your qualm with him, then go and speak with him long after your anger has dissipated.

Mount Athos is a peninsula in Greece that is devoted to a bunch of Orthodox Christian monasteries. I have googled and googled, and cannot find any reference to this 'passive monk'. I want to know who he was, when he said that, and under what circumstance...
Can anyone help me?

Bev, the mean spirited liar...<sigh>
--
EarthNSky Farm Somewhere in the ocean's depths, MY son is protecting OUR freedom. He's only 19, and his sub won't be back until 7/29/07.