homestead - Re: [Homestead] OMG!!! YIPPEEEEEE..OT

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] OMG!!! YIPPEEEEEE..OT
  • Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 15:29:53 -0700

Bev, I'm delighted but not surprised. I mean, I expect technology to do nearly anything we can think of today. Well, almost anything. Also not surprised that TJ just learned this, the military operating as they do.

People, you are never going to believe this!!!
I just got an email from TJ!!!! From underwater!!! It only took 5
days, but I don't care, it's contact and I know he is okay..
Here it is... (like y'all care, but you have to suffer my excitement
here...)
This is just freaking awesome!! I can't tell you how happy I am right now..
Bev

Re: Howdy from underwater
Howdy Mom,
Just found out it is possible to send/receive limited email from the
boat. Im writing this on 3 Feb, Guam time, dont know when yall will get
this though because they can only send email at certain times. Anyway,
just wanted to let yall know you can send me emails. We receive emails
passively whenever we are near the surface, so I should get them soon
after you write them, however it may take some time, in some cases a
month or more, before I will be able to respond, or at least before you
know that I have responded. So, talk to yall soon, love ya, goodbye.
Love, TJ