homestead - Re: [Homestead] Beer was: Tvo

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Beer was: Tvo
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 17:23:23 -0700

It would take far too much time and effort to even approach the
quality that microbreweries are producing these days. We live in good
times.

I don't know about that, even with the likes of Stone Brewing, New Belgium
Brewing, Green Man, and a host of others, my son is doing a very good
job.

I was speaking for myself. You are a most fortunate father.

He is getting a dark ale that is very good and I am not a fan of dark
beers, unless it is New Belgium 1554. I know it is 5:00 somewhere so what
will it be, Stone Pale Ale or 1554?

I love 1554.

Gene, I cannot find Blue Paddle anywhere here.

I complained at Trader Joe's to the management. The manager said that they cannot get the same markup on BP. Apparently we are not the only ones who have discovered its superiority. I can get it here but at far fewer places than last year.

You may recall that I finally got 1/6th barrels of BP for the Heartwood tapper but it took some doing.