homestead - Re: [Homestead] Poem

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Poem
  • Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 14:49:23 -0500

Will do.
I was upset most of yesterday. I found out he had no where to go for
Christmas and ended up sleeping most of the day. (They are back in port
at present, due to head back out in the next week or so) Anyway, most of
his shipmates got leave...since he is a NUB, he had to stay to rewire
the generators on the sub. He didn't even get a decent meal from the
galley. People forget about the regular military guys unless they are
serving in Afghanistan or Iraq...these days, if you are in the service,
you are in danger anywhere in the world, either from the
misappropriations of military spending or from enemy combatants or rogue
governments....dangerous work. TJ runs the sub's nuclear reactor and
the diesel generators..he just got a promotion to PO2-he star reinlisted.
Lynda, did you hear from Kirk yesterday? I heard 6 were KIA in Iraq,
not a good day.
Bev

rayzentz AT aim.com wrote:
Bev, tell your son "thank you", from me...

Ray

--
Bevanron of EarthNSky Farm Sleep well tonight, for somewhere in the
ocean's depths, MY son is protecting YOUR freedom.